School Meals /
Free School Meals
School meals are provided by Chartwells Catering - see our lunch menu here. (Please note roast dinner day is served on a Thursday and not a Wednesday, so for Wednesday read Thursday and Thursday read Wednesday). Special diets can be provided on request.
Since September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 have been entitled to a free school meal at lunchtime. Children in our Nursery and Years 3 and 4 still have to pay for lunch which is currently £2.30 paid in advance on parent pay, unless they are eligible for free school meals because their families are on a low income.
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Even if you don't want your children to have the meals, claiming them helps our school. The more eligible parents who claim meals, the more funding the school receives. Click here to see if you are eligible to claim.
Free fruit for children in Nursery, Reception and Key Stage 1 at each morning break
Children may bring a snack for break time eg fruit, vegetable sticks. NO NUTS or NUT CONTAINING ITEMS, crisps, biscuits or sweets.
Free milk for under 5’s at each morning break
Option to pay for milk for children over 5 through Cool Milk scheme. To register, please visit www.coolmilk.com/parents/
Free meals for children in Reception and Key Stage 1 (Government funded Universal Free Infant Meals scheme)
Please click here for an introduction to Chartwells, our catering provider.
Special diets can be catered for by request - please click here for more information.
Please click the video link - Back to School Safely with Chartwells